Mental Toughness = Positive Mental Health......in business and in sport
Welcome to Pro Mind
We develop mental toughness for leaders, businesses, sports athletes and sports coaches with highly practical mental toughness assessments, workshops and coaching programmes.
So what is Mental Toughness?
It’s a personality trait that explains in large part how an individual is able to deal with the stressors, pressures and challenges they face. How you can enhance your life, work or sport whilst under physical or psychological pressure. It’s been heavily researched, validated and successfully implemented in work, education and sport over the past 15 years.
Mental toughness consists of 4 main areas:
- Control – The extent to which you feel that you can shape and influence what is happening around you so that you can feel that you can make a difference and achieve what is necessary.
- Commitment – the extent to which we make promises to ourselves and others, particularly those which are tangible and measurable, and the extent to which we commit to keeping those promises.
- Challenge – The extent to which you respond positively to situations you view as challenging. Your mindset will be to see these as opportunities. You will be aware that there are risks and you may even experience a sense of fear, but you will see the opportunity rather than the threat.
- Confidence – The extent to which we have self-belief to see through to a conclusion a difficult task which can be beset with setbacks, and the inner strength to stand your ground when needed, particularly when you might need to persuade others to your point of view.
Mentally tough individuals have significant advantages over more mentally sensitive people in business, education, occupational and sport settings.
How would you like to consistently?
- Be able to positively shape the events and interactions that you have.
- Recognise and manage your emotional states so that you can react to stressful situations in useful ways.
- Be able to imagine successfully achieving the things you want to.
- Demonstrate the tenacity and stick-ability to set goals and see them through irrespective of external influences.
- Develop the ability to stretch yourself, take risks and explore opportunities outside of your comfort zone.
- Believe that you have what it takes in your area of work without the need for external validation.
- Be better at dealing with challenge from others and assertively present your point or views.
So how can you make this happen?
Improvement in performance attributed to mental toughness
Coaches and athletes that ignore the mental aspects of performance in training or competition.
Percentage of time coach education spends on the mental side of sport
Amount of time the average sports coach spends on the technical, tactical and physical side of performance
Schedule a free ‘It's time to get real'’ call with me to experience how I can help you
During this 30 minute call, we will:
- Explore what is really important to you.
- Identify what you really want that you're not getting now.
- Explore what is possible for you in the future.
- Identify how much that you really want this.
Email: email@example.com / Tel: 07815 618905