What does a leader with high levels of mental toughness look like?
- They believe that they can make a difference and they know that collaborating with their team will make that more likely to happen.
- They shape what happens and don’t blame external people or factors if things don’t work out as planned.
- They manage their emotions well, as they are aware of their impact on others’ around them.
- They set high standards for themselves and others around them.
- They take ownership and responsibility and encourage their team to do the same.
- They are tenacious and will do what it takes to achieve, utilising the skills and experience of their team to help them.
- The see the positive in most outcomes and allow their team the freedom to take risks and stretch themselves.
- They’re continuous improvement oriented and encourage their team to put forward their ideas and opinions….and listen to them.
- They have confidence in their decisions and spread this throughout the team.
- They are encouraging, supportive and engaging and yet can deal with any issues in the team constructively and with necessary firmness.
- You’ll be encouraged to reflect on good and bad experiences because they will have already done that themselves.
These qualities all embrace the 4 C’s of mental toughness – Control. Commitment, Challenge and Confidence.
As a leader, how do you measure up against these things?
We’ll work together over 12 weeks to develop the mental toughness you need to be able to deal with the stressors, pressures and challenges you face in your leadership role.
- I’ve developed a programme that is built around a framework to explore the mental toughness model in detail. This will enable you to really understand the 8 key elements of mental toughness and recognise how these will influence your leadership style in a positive way.
- You will experience six 90-minute sessions (face-to-face or Zoom video) –every 2 weeks over the 12 weeks.
- You’ll start by completing the MTQPlus questionnaire which will give you a reliable and valid assessment of your current levels of mental toughness.
- The first session will introduce you to the mental toughness model as well as review the results of your report so that you understand what it is telling you.
- The next 4 sessions will look at each of the 4C’s in turn (Control, Commitment, Challenge and Confidence).
- The final session will explore and celebrate your progress and account for how far you will have come.
- The aim is that as you acquire a deeper understanding of the different elements of mental toughness, you will find it easier to recognise what you need to start doing, what you need to stop doing and what you need to continue doing.
- I will introduce you to different tools to help you develop in each of the areas. This will allow you to build habits that will improve and sustain your mental toughness as you lead your team or department.
- Although there is a programme framework, no two programmes will ever be the same as the focus will be on your unique needs from your MTQPlus report and the action you take will be specific to the outcomes you want in your role.
In addition to the face-to-face or Zoom sessions, you will also receive the following support:
- Membership of ‘closed’ Facebook group to post questions, tasks, challenges, successes etc.)
- Unlimited text, FB message support
- Additional telephone support is an option where pre-arranged in advance
- You will also have the option to re-test using MTQPlus questionnaire if desired. This can be done at the end of the programme or a later date. (there is an additional charge for the assessment and feedback)
The 12-week programme including the MTQPlus report (excluding any potential re-test) is £649 per person, payable in full prior to programme start (or a deposit of £239 plus 2 monthly direct debit payments of £215).
Schedule a free ‘Stride Forward’ call with me to experience how I can help you
During this 45 minute call, we will:
- Explore what is really important to you.
- Identify what you really want that you're not getting now.
- Explore what is possible for you in the future.
- Identify how much that you really want this.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 07815 618905