The knot in your stomach, the tension in your neck and shoulders and the nerves that make you feel sick. Every comment, every look you get from a coach, teammate or supporter you interpret as negative and you tell yourself how they don’t rate you and complain about you behind your back. It gets worse and worse as you try harder and you just can’t seem to think straight and make the clear decisions that you made when things were good.
Or maybe it’s not that bad. Maybe you’re doing pretty well but you want more. Maybe you’re the type of person who knows that there is something extra inside of you that hasn’t yet been realised. Sport is competitive in more ways that one. You’re not just competing in matches or competitions, you’re also competing for places, for a career, to get to the next level, international selection or to stay in the team. What is going to set you apart from everyone else. How are you currently representing your experience in ways that are not getting you what you want?
You’ll have worked long and hard on your technical, tactical and physical capability. You’ll have spent little time if any, on your inner dialogue. Your MTQPlus report will highlight how mentally tough you are in your sport. You’ll identify where you focus your attention, how you respond when things get tough, how much inner belief you have and how much tenacity and stickability you have to get things done. You’ll work on practical activities that you can incorporate into your technical and physical training so that you take much more of a whole athlete approach your preparations. This programme will take you to the next level in your sport and will be the difference that makes the difference for you.
The structure of the programme:
For 12 weeks I will have your back. During that time you’ll develop the mental toughness you need to be able to deal with the stressors, pressures and challenges you face in your sport. You’ll complete the MTQPlus questionnaire and this will determine the precise nature of your coaching programme. The programme will focus on leaving you much more capable of coping with and overcoming the stresses, pressure and challenges that you face. We will form a partnership that will take you on a journey from your current state to your desired state.
- I’ve developed a programme that is built around a framework to explore the mental toughness model in detail. This will enable you to really understand the 8 key elements of mental toughness and recognise how these will influence your performance in a positive way.
- You will experience six 90-minute sessions (face-to-face or Zoom video) – every 2 weeks over the 12 weeks.
- You’ll start by completing the MTQPlus questionnaire which will give you a reliable and valid assessment of your current levels of mental toughness.
- The first session will introduce you to the mental toughness model as well as review the results of your report so that you understand what it is telling you.
- The next 4 sessions will look at each of the 4C’s in turn (Control, Commitment, Challenge and Confidence).
- The final session will explore and celebrate your progress and account for how far you will have come.
- The aim is that as you acquire a deeper understanding of the different elements of mental toughness, you will find it easier to recognise what you need to start doing, what you need to stop doing and what you need to continue doing.
- I will introduce you to different tools to help you develop in each of the areas. This will allow you to build habits that will improve and sustain your mental toughness as you compete in your sport.
- Although there is a programme framework, no two programmes will ever be the same as the focus will be on your unique needs from your MTQPlus report and the action you take will be specific to the outcomes you want in your sport.
In addition to the face-to-face or Zoom sessions, you will also receive the following support:
- 6 x 90-minute sessions (face-to-face or video calls)
- Membership of ‘closed’ Facebook group to post questions, tasks, challenges, successes etc.)
- Unlimited text, FB message support
- Additional telephone support is an option where pre-arranged in advance
- You will also have the option to re-test using MTQPlus questionnaire if desired. This can be done at the end of the programme or a later date. (there is an additional charge for the re-assessment and feedback)
Intrigued? Click on the ‘It’s time to get real’ button on this page. You can schedule in a free call with me where we will find out what you really want, what’s stopping you from getting it and what possibilities exist for you to really do what you want to be able to do but can’t do yet.
Schedule a free ‘It's time to get real'’ call with me to experience how I can help you
During this 30 minute call, we will:
- Explore what is really important to you.
- Identify what you really want that you're not getting now.
- Explore what is possible for you in the future.
- Identify how much that you really want this.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 07815 618905