What does a leader with high levels of mental toughness look like?
- You believe that you can make a difference and you know that collaborating with your team will make that more likely to happen.
- You shape what happens and don’t blame external people or factors if things don’t work out as planned.
- You manage your emotions well, as you are aware of their impact on others’ around them.
- You set high standards for yourself and others around you.
- You take ownership and responsibility and encourage your team to do the same.
- You are tenacious and will do what it takes to achieve, utilising the skills and experience of your team to help them.
- You see the positive in most outcomes and allow your team the freedom to take risks and stretch themselves.
- You are continuous improvement oriented and encourage your team to put forward their ideas and opinions….and listen to them.
- You have confidence in your decisions and spread this throughout the team.
- You are encouraging, supportive and engaging and yet can deal with any issues in the team constructively and with necessary firmness.
- You encourage your team to reflect on good and bad experiences because you will have already done that yourself.
These qualities all embrace the 4 C’s of mental toughness – Control. Commitment, Challenge and Confidence.
As a leader, how do you measure up against these things?
What the nature of this programme?
For 12 weeks I will have your back. I’ll be there for you both in person or video link, online and through messaging. You’ll complete the MTQPlus questionnaire and this will determine the precise nature of your coaching programme. The programme will make you mentally tougher and more able to deal with the negative consequences of the stressors, pressure and challenges that you face.
This is not a fluffy, spiritual, ‘ask the universe’, psycho-babble type coaching programme! This is about knowing where you stand in terms of your mental toughness and then working through practical and effective tools that will require you to ask tough questions of yourself. This is about you doing the stuff that you’ve shied away from in the past. This is about getting shit done!
As a high performing leader, people don’t always tell you what you need to hear. I will push you, challenge you and ask you the questions that others won’t. You’ll have nowhere to hide when you work with me. This is not about helping you to realise what is possible, it’s about making you realise what you never thought was possible. You will find this a challenge. Mental toughness doesn’t come easy but it can be developed with the right support and interventions. I have around 100 different practical tools that you will have access to for 12 weeks and beyond.
You’ll use your MTQPlus report to work on specific areas of your mental toughness and you’ll use practical activities to get you to develop the traits that will help you lead people in ways that work for you, them and your business.
- I’ve developed a programme that is built around a framework to explore the mental toughness model in detail. This will enable you to really understand the 8 key elements of mental toughness and recognise how these will influence your leadership style in a positive way.
- You will experience six 90-minute sessions (face-to-face or Zoom video) –every 2 weeks over the 12 weeks.
- You’ll start by completing the MTQPlus questionnaire which will give you a reliable and valid assessment of your current levels of mental toughness.
- The first session will introduce you to the mental toughness model as well as review the results of your report so that you understand what it is telling you.
- The next 4 sessions will look at each of the 4C’s in turn (Control, Commitment, Challenge and Confidence).
- The final session will explore and recognise your progress and account for how far you will have come.
- The aim is that as you acquire a deeper understanding of the different elements of mental toughness, you will find it easier to recognise what you need to start doing, what you need to stop doing and what you need to continue doing.
- I will introduce you to different tools to help you develop in each of the areas. This will allow you to build habits that will improve and sustain your mental toughness as you lead your team or department.
- Although there is a programme framework, no two programmes will ever be the same as the focus will be on your unique needs from your MTQPlus report and the action you take will be specific to the outcomes you want in your role.
- I’ve spent 17 years developing leaders in a wide range of sectors and I know how to do it.
What else do you get:
- 6 x 90-minute sessions (face-to-face or video calls)
- Membership of ‘closed’ Facebook group to post questions, tasks, challenges, successes etc.)
- Unlimited text, FB message support
- Additional telephone support is an option where pre-arranged in advance
- You will also have the option to re-test using MTQPlus questionnaire if desired. This can be done at the end of the programme or a later date. (there is an additional charge for the re-assessment and feedback if done at a later date beyond the 12 weeks)
If you’re happy getting the results you’re getting as a leader, then thanks for visiting this website. If you’re not and you want more, then get in touch and let’s talk about how that will happen.
Click on the ‘It’s time to get real’ button on this page. You can schedule in a free call with me where we will find out what you really want, what’s stopping you from getting it and what possibilities exist for you to really do what you want to be able to do but can’t do yet.
Schedule a free ‘It's time to get real'’ call with me to experience how I can help you
During this 30 minute call, we will:
- Explore what is really important to you.
- Identify what you really want that you're not getting now.
- Explore what is possible for you in the future.
- Identify how much that you really want this.
Email: email@example.com / Tel: 07815 618905