Workshops for Coaches
Mental Toughness for Sports Coaches
You’re a coach (it doesn’t matter what sport you’re involved in). You’ve got your qualifications and you’re competent or better in developing the technical, tactical and physical capability of your players. You’ve always thought that you should do more on the mental side of the sport but you’ve never been sure how. This workshop will show you how to help your players/athletes become mentally tougher.
Mental Toughness is the ability of an athlete to deal with the stressors, pressures and challenges they face in sport. How to enhance performance whilst under physical and psychological pressure. It’s often associated with terms such as resilience, grit, character, hardiness etc.
All people in sport face stressors. Athletes with higher levels of mental toughness are however better able to respond to the negative consequences of these stressors by either:
- Overcoming the consequences much quicker than more mentally sensitive people or;
- Experiencing these consequences in relatively minor ways compared to others for whom they are much more significant
Mental Toughness Workshops for Sports Coaches
As a sports coach, you always want to get the best out of players. You want to see them perform at their best and get maximum success and enjoyment whenever they practice or compete. Your role is to support them to develop their capability so that they can perform to their optimum level as often as possible.
Research has shown that those who are mentally tough experience significant increases in performance and well-being compared to those who are mentally sensitive. They are better able to deal with the stressors they face and better able to respond to the negative consequences of the challenges that sports always presents.
This is a highly practical workshop and will introduce coaches to mental toughness development activities that they can use with their players/athletes.
- Each part will contain practical activities that coaches can use with their players (and with themselves as well!).
- Coaches attending will practice the activities on themselves during the workshop so that they will have already had experience in how to use them before introducing them to their players/athletes.
- All activities can be used by coaches to help their players develop mental toughness in sport.
- Each participant will receive a mental toughness coaching toolkit containing several activities that they can use with their players.
We can run them at your club for your coaches, at convenient locations for groups of sports coaches or for sports boards/bodies.
Dates, venues and how to book will appear here when available.
Who am I?
Steve Dent. Born Bristol (Clifton the posh part). Husband. Dad. Grandad to 3 awesome little ones (I’m too young!). People Developer. Mazda MX5 Driver. Coach. Trainer. Business Owner. Golfer on way to single figure handicap £70 career earnings. Cyclist – keep crashing. Mountain Climber and descender. Charity fundraiser. NLP master. Mental Toughness specialist. Constant learner. Networker. Network meeting group leader. Mentee. Never stops improving. Son is Glos CCC captain. Coached professional athletes. Led teams. Won awards. Motto: Help Many – Hurt Few – Live Life – Win Some – Lose None. I help people get mentally tougher!
Want more information?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 07815 618905